The theme of the lesson: Sports and games.
The type of the lesson: traditional
The form of the lesson: combination The aims of the lesson.
Educational: To expand pupils knowledge about national sport and games through reading different texts and doing different ex - s. Ұлттық спорт және ойындар жайлы білімдерін әр түрлі жаттығулар орындап, мәтінді оқу арқылы кеңейту.
Developing: To develop the students’ skills for reading in understanding. Түсініп оқу дағдыларын дамыту.
Bringing - up: to teach pupils to love sport because health is above wealth. Салауатты өмір салтына тәрбиелеу.
The plan of the lesson:
I. Organization moment. Ұйымдастыру кезеңі Hello to everybody! How are you? Who is on duty today? Who is absent today? What date is it today? What day of the week is it today? What is the weather like today? There'll be no games at all? Not so. Come hail and tempest, The master of cunning Will, with a sly smile, suggest Some cross country running.
II. Checking the home task. Үй жұмысын тексеру Let’s check up your home task. What was your home task? Are you ready with your home work? Start, please. Ex 7 p 151
III. Explanation of the lesson. The theme of our lesson is “Sport in Britain”. Today we will read the text and do a lot of exercise. And now let’s start our lesson.
Work with vocabulary
Skill - икем Goat - коза, ешкі
Adversary - қарсылас
Carcass - қаңқа
Struggle - шабуылға шығу
Horseback - атқа міну
Kiss - сүю Overtake - озу
Fight - шабуылға шығу
Require - талап ету
Gallop - қатты шабу
Goalkeeper - голкипер
Runner – жүгіруші атлет
Helmet - шлем
Net - сетка, тор
Work with book. Кітаппен жұмыс Reading. Оқылым
Pre listening stage. Оқылымға дейінгі кезең - What do you see on the picture? /the teacher shows pictures of types of sport/ - What kind of sport do you like? Do you like play football, volleyball? What kind of British sport do you know? - And now children answer for my question. I am going to read you the text. Have you guessed the theme of the text? Yes you are right. “Sport in Britain” - Children listen to me carefully I will read you the text. I will give you papers with different exercises you must fill the gaps, answer for the question etc. Sport in Britain In Britain, forty per cent of the population regularly play a sport. There are many differences between sport in Britain and in other countries. For example, skiing is not very popular in Britain as there are not many mountains. Skiing enthusiasts can ski in certain parts of Scotland or they go to Austria, Italy, France or Switzerland. Basketball and volleyball are not very popular in Britain, but many people play rugby. The British play many sports that are unknown in most other countries, for example: cricket, squash and netball. Cricket is a typically British sport which foreigners have difficulty in understanding. There are two teams of eleven players. Matches last from one to five days. Many people think it is a slow and boring game, but it can be very exciting and rather dangerous. Squash is another British invention. It is a form of tennis. There are two players and they use rackets similar to tennis rackets and a small, black rubber ball. They play indoors. It is a very fast and tiring sport! Netball is similar to basketball. There are seven players (usually girls or women) in each team and the object of the game is the same as in basketball: to throw the ball through a net at the top of a three - metre post. Sport in British schools is compulsory and schoolchildren spend at least one afternoon a week playing sport. These are some of the sports played in most British secondary schools. In winter boys play football or rugby and go cross - country running, while girls play netball or hockey. Some boys' schools also teach rowing. In summer boys play cricket, do athletics or go swimming, while girls play rounders (a British version of baseball), do athletics or go swimming. Tennis is also played in summer in some schools by boys and girls.
While listening stage. Оқылым кезіңіндегі тапсырмалар Task
1. спорт түрлерінің суреттері мен атауын сәйкестендіреді. a) football b) netball c) rugby d) cross - country running e) squash i) hockey g) swimming h) cricket
2. complete the chart. winter summer games for girls and boys. Football, rugby, cross - country running Netball, hockey Cricket, do athletics, swimming, tennis Rounders, do athletics, swimming, tennis
3. True (T) or false (F) 1. A lot of people go skiing in Britain. F 2. Rugby is a popular sport in Britain. T 3. There are eleven players in each cricket team. T 4. Squash is a slow sport. F 5. Boys often play netball in Britain. F 6. Schoolchildren in Britain have to play sport. T 7. Baseball is a popular British sport.
IV. Consolidation. Бекіту Post - listening stage. Оқылымнан кейінгі кезең
1. Complete the sentences. Сөйлемді аяқта. a. Rugby is a very popular sport in Britain. b. Rounder is a British version of baseball. c. Cricket is a typically British sport which foreigners have difficulty in understanding. d. Netball is similar to basketball f. Squash it of form of tennis.
2. Can you guess what these sports are? a. This is an outdoor game for two teams of eleven players. You need a ball, two goals and referee. a/ cricket b/ football c/ netball b/ This is an outdoor game for 2 players. You need a special table, a racket, for each player and a small, white ball made of plastic. a/ squash b/ netball c/ rowing c/ You play this game in the swimming pool. You need a ball and 2 goals. and you must also be a very good swimmer. a/ rounder b/ rowing c/ rugby d/ There are seven players (usually girls or women) in each team and the object of the game is the same as in basketball: to throw the ball through a net at the top of a three - metre post. a/ netball b/ squash c/ rowing
V. Conclusion Рефлексия Talk to your partner. Speak about sport in Kazakhstan and about sport you play and you like. Example: I like playing tennis.
VI. Giving home work. Open your record books and write down you home task. Your home task will be to write composition “My favorite sport” «Менің сүйікті спорт түрім» шығарма
VII. Giving marks Your mark is… The lesson is over. Phonetic drill. Fun and Games It's too rainy for rugby, Too foggy for football. It's too icy for hockey,